Donating imperfect, surplus, or unharvested produce is easy!
Please consider donating any imperfect, surplus or unharvested produce to the Food Bank of the Southern Tier. While product may be deemed unmarketable for whatever reason, it is often still wholesome and usable for distribution to charitable agencies to help hungry and disadvantaged people.
What Can The Food Bank Offer To Farmers?
- Timely pick up. Just give us a call to schedule and we’ll be there at that time. Sometimes we can reach farms the same day they call.
- Can accept ANY fruit or vegetable donation you have available.
- Can handle ANY quantity. We serve over 160 member agencies across six Southern Tier counties and have trucks that can accommodate any size pick up.
- Can return boxes, bushels, or totes upon your request. Can supply boxes if necessary.
- If gleaning is needed, we can work with our many volunteers to do the harvesting.
For more information contact:
Melissa Knowles, Food Sourcing Manager
at 607.796.6061 x4029 or email